This Spooky Halloween Candy Bark is a quick and easy ghost candy treat alternative to my Halloween Ghost Chocolate Bark. While the original is one of my favorite homemade candies ever, this is quick to make and supplies are easy to find.
Halloween Candy Bark
This Halloween candy bark is made from blocks of almond bark melting chocolate and topped with marshmallow ghosts, M & Ms, Kit Kats and Halloween candy sprinkles leftover from making cupcakes. As the almond bark is specifically made for making barks with it melts really smooth quickly in the microwave. All items can be grabbed at Walmart. That is where I bought the melting candy.
Make the kids Halloween Joke Cootie Catchers to play with while eating their treats.
How to Make the Bark
The melted candy is poured onto parchment paper and gently spread out. I put my parchment on a cutting board so I can move it around and rap it on a hard surface to help smooth the candy out.
Once the melted almond bark is spread out and relatively smooth, simply place your ghosts on top, arrange the Kit Kats and randomly place M&Ms. The sprinkles were a last minute add on… but if you have some, why not!
The bark cools pretty quickly and that can be accelerated by placing in the refrigerator. You could be serving this 20 minutes after starting to make it if you chill the candy to harden it.
Here are a few other easy Halloween Treats you might like to make:
Spooky Halloween Candy Bark
- 1/2 package almond bark , melting chocolate
- 3 Peeps marshmallow ghosts
- 6-7 Kit Cats , single serve bars
- Halloween Sprinkles *optional
- Place a piece of parchment on a large cutting board or baking sheet.
- Melt the almond bark in a glass measuring cup or small bowl. Use the defrost setting on your microwave to slow the process and avoid overheating the candy melts. Stir every 20 seconds until there are only small pieces left. Then take the container out and stir until those last bits dissolve. Pour the candy out onto the parchment. Use a silicons spatula to get all of it. Spread it to about a 1/4 inch thick
- Apply the marshmallow ghosts, then the Kit Kats and the M&Ms. If you have Halloween candy sprinkles add those last.
- Set aside to cool or place in refrigerator to harden faster. Once firm, crack into serving size piece