Making oven fried potatoes is easy. Here is my simple recipe for potato wedges fried in the oven. They make a wonderful side for sandwiches and meats, as well as, a snack or appetizer. With a few adjustments to seasoning, to suit your own family’s taste you can really make these your own. Make a few batches on football Sundays and watch them fly out of the baskets.
- 4 potatoes all-purpose, red, white or Yukon Gold
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash or other salt-free seasoning blend (I used the Onion & Herb Mrs. Dash)
- generous pinches of Kosher salt paprika & white pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut potatoes into narrow wedges.
- Whisk together oil and all the seasonings in a large bowl.
- Drop potatoes in an mix until thoroughly coated.
- Take out potatoes and arrange on a baking sheet, avoid overlap. (Don't just dump them on the pan, you will get more oil than you need.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then increase heat to 400 or turn on the convection if you have that feature.
- Continue cooking until the wedges are golden brown and crispy (approx 15 minutes)