Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
Making mashed potatoes in the crock pot is no fuss and keeps a stove burner open on the holidays. The potatoes are also easy to keep warm once they are already in the slow cooker. Simply set the crock pot to low.
Making Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes in a slow cooker are super easy to make. Here is a quick visual walk through. Full recipe below.
Washed potatoes, water, butter and seasonings are added to the crock pot.
Cook the potatoes for 4 hours.
Mashed potatoes prepared in the slow cooker are delicious, easy and convenient. They are a perfect solution for busy holidays such as Thanksgiving, when each stove burner is in high demand.
- 5 lbs small red skinned potatoes
- 2 C. water
- 2 chicken bullion cubes ( or 2 tsp - 1 tbsp of chicken base paste)
- 1 stick of butter divided into ¼ stick and ¾ stick
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk , substitute light cream if you prefer
- Wash potatoes, leaving skin on.
- Toss everything but milk and ¾ stick of butter in a crockpot.
- Put on high for 5 hours.
At around the 4 hour mark, while still in the slow cooker, take a knife and cut potatoes into chunks (while still in the slow cooker.) Then cook the remaining hour.
Add milk and ¾ stick of butter. Mash until desired consistency. The water gets mashed right in, no need to drain.
- Lower slow cooker temp to warm.