Make some Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate this fall and thrill your family and friends with it's decadent pumpkin flavor. There is no caffeine like in pumpkin spice lattes, so it is great for evening. The recipe is slow simmered in a crock pot, so fuss-free too!
Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
This time of year it seems everything is pumpkin flavored. Some are downright nasty, but this Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate is quite delicious. White chocolate and pumpkin are a flavor combination I have been fond of for quite some time (see my Pumpkin Muffins with White Chocolate Chips and Pumpkin Biscotti with White Chocolate Chips).
This would be great to serve during a fall crafting party too. Why not invite friends over and mix up a batch of this with some to make some White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Popcorn Party Mix. You can all make Pumpkin Spice Bath Fizzies or some Peppermint Sugar Scrub for holiday gifting.
How to Make the Hot Chocolate
Here is a quick walk through of making the slow cooker hot chocolate with pictures. Printable recipe card is below.
Here are all the ingredients you will need to make this decadent fall hot chocolate.
Start by combining the milk, heavy cream, and sweetened condensed milk in a Crock pot.
Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk well.
Chop the white chocolate and add to the slow cooker. Stir until the chocolate is melted.
Simmer for three hours, stirring after each hour.
Serve the white hot chocolate topped with whipped cream or marshmallows with a sprinkle of pumpkin spice. If you have any of these little pumpkins on hand they make a cute festive touch or try serving an Oreo Acorn with the hot chocolate.
In the mood for something a little boozy instead? Try my Pumpkin Pie Martini!
Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk (one can)
- 15 oz pure pumpkin puree (one of the smaller cans)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 ounce bar of good quality white chocolate
- Optional garnish: whipped cream mini marshmallows, cinnamon
- In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, whisk together the milk, heavy cream, and sweetened condensed milk. Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice; whisk until well incorporated.
- Roughly chop the white chocolate bar, then stir into the milk mixture in the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 3 hours, stirring once every hour.
- Serve hot with the garnish of your choice.