These grain free keto churros are just the thing for those following the low carb keto diet. You can have this low carb dessert without guilt. Each churro only has 2 net carbs. Step-by-step recipe pics to help you along the way while making your own ketro Churros!
Enjoy a churros with your bullet proof coffee. These low carb churros are keto-friendly. The macros for this dessert fit in to the diet with ease. Try serving them after Cajun Blackened Salmon or Keto Pork Chops.
How to Make Keto Churros
As grain free recipe can be a little tricky. It is nice to have some recipe pictures to follow along with, so you know you are on the right track.
Here are the Keto Churros ingredients laid out.
Mix the dry ingredients for the low carb churros and set aside.
Dissolve the coconut oil and stevia in water along with cinnamon, by boiling.
Mix the keto choux pastry dough for the churros, by combining wet and dry mixes along with the egg. Mix well.
Push the dough into a piping bag with wide star tip.
Pipe out the churro sticks on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then lightly broil to finish off.
Sprinkle with carb free powdered sugar, cinnamon or drizzle with sugar-free chocolate syrup to serve.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp xantham gum
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp stevia extract powder (you may sub this for your preferred stevia or sweetener, the quantity may change)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp of stevia/ carb free powdered sugar
- sugar free chocolate syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl add all the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, xantham gum, and salt), whisk and leave aside.
- In a medium saucepan add water, stevia, cinnamon, and coconut oil and bring to boil, let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula.
- Add the egg and continue stirring until homogenous.
- Scoop dough into a piping bag fitted with a star piping tip.
- Pipe the dough directly onto the parchment paper on the baking sheet to the desired length (I made them about 6 inches each)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges starts to get golden, then broil on low for 3 minutes and remove from the oven.
Serve warm and top with cinnamon and stevia if desired, you may also melt sugar-free chocolate to dip churros in or use sugar-free syrup.