These Mummy Hot Dogs are easy to make (as you can see below) and sure to be a hit with the kids at your Halloween Party. Even if your child isn’t a hot dog fan (Lil’ Foodie isn’t), they can enjoy munching on the “wrappings” of the hot dog mummies. These can even be wrapped before hand and baked off during the party. If you want to bake then before the party. I suggest waiting to add the eyes until you reheat them.
How to Make Mummy Hot Dogs
More Halloween Party Food Suggestions
- Halloween Ghost Brownies
- Frankenstein Cupcakes
- Witch’s Broomstick Snacks
- White Chocolate Skulls with Pink Brain Mousse
- 1 can Crescent Roll Dough
- 2 American Cheese slices
- 8 Hot Dogs
- 16 Candy Eyes
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut each cheese slice into 4 strips.
- Unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles (crimp diagonal cuts in each one together).
- Cut each rectangle lengthwise into 1/2" strips and join 2 together to form one long "bandage".
- pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough. Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
- Wrap "bandage" of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese.
- Make sure to leave a gap for face.
- Place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down) on non stick cookie sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes or until dough is lightly brown.
- Place a small piece of cheese where eyes go and place in oven to melt slightly.
- Place 2 eyes on each mummy.