Pancetta Wrapped Green Beans is an easy appetizer recipe or side dish that presents nicely. The pancetta green beans are served with a drizzle of Balsamic dressing for even more flavor!
This easy appetizer recipe could double as a salad course. The fresh green beans still have a little snap to them, and the pancetta and balsamic dressing really add a punch of great flavor. Pancetta (an Italian bacon) is lower in fat than American bacon, so while this appetizer has a decadent edge to it, it really is pretty healthy.
Pancetta Wrapped Green Beans would also pair well with a bowl of soup for lunch, or make a double or triple batch of the recipe, for your next party buffet.
You May also Like...
- Pancetta Egg Cups : Italian Breakfast
- Pickled Green Beans with Dill
- Grilled Balsamic Asparagus
- Roasted Green Beans
Pancetta Wrapped Green Beans Recipe
- 1 lb. fresh green beans de-stemmed
- ¼ lb. Pancetta thin sliced - deli
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed minced
- ⅛ tsp. Kosher salt
- generous pinch of thyme
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, garlic, thyme, salt & pepper.
- Drop in de-stemmed green beans and coat with the dressing.
- Wrap green beans in Pancetta (about 5-6 per pocket), and hold in place with toothpick. Reserve the remaining dressing.
- Bake the pockets for 8 minutes pick side up, then flip over and bake an addition 7 minutes.
- Carefully remove picks when plating.