This Pancetta Egg Cups recipe is a quick and easy breakfast, that seems decadent, but in actuality is quite diet friendly. If you don’t know what Pancetta is, it is an Italian form of bacon, which can be bought as slabs, or right from the deli. It packs all the awesome flavor of bacon, but with less fat. This recipe uses thin slices from the deli, egg whites & rather than a reduced fat cheese, a smaller portion of sharp cheddar, since it packs a lot of flavor. Try these Pancetta Egg Cups, you will feel spoiled, yet won’t blow your diet.Print
Pancetta Egg Cups Recipe
Decadent diet friendly breakfast, that is quick and easy to make.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 6 mins
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: per person
(ingredients listed are per serving)
- 3 thin deli slices Pancetta (1 oz.)
- 2 egg whites (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 ounce sharp cheddar
- 1-2 fresh basil leaves (chiffonade = thinly sliced)
- 1-2 slices of toast
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Line each muffin cup with a slice of Pancetta.
- Scoop some egg white into each cup, leave room for cheese.
- Top with crumbed sliced sharp cheddar.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until eggs are fully set.
- Gently pop each egg cup out (a spoon or chopstick is helpful for this), and place on top of toast.
- Top with basil & serve.
As shown, over one slice of dry light wheat toast. Total of 320 calories, leaving you a bit of wiggle room for coffee and some fruit or juice.