I love pickled peppers, so when I saw a great deal on Cubanelle peppers, I grabbed a few to pickle. These peppers are sweet rather than spicy, and are easier on the stomach, in my opinion. Quick pickled Cubanelle peppers are extremely easy to make, and go great cooked with pork or chicken, and go well on pizza and sandwiches, as well.
The pickled peppers are made in a strong brine, so that they will be ready fast (in just a couple hours) and maintain their crispness. Most of this batch ended out going into a chicken recipe that evening & the rest on top of a pizza two days later.
If you like quick pickling recipes, try my quick pickled daikon radish, refrigerator pickled beets and quick pickled carrots.
Quick Pickled Cubanelle Peppers Recipe
- 4 large Cubanelle Peppers washed
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 ½ cups water
- ¼ c. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 1. Microwave the water in a large bowl, until close to a boil (approx. 6-7 minutes, but time will vary) `
- 2. While the water is heating, slice the peppers into ¼ inch rings.
- 3. Place the peppers and garlic in a container which has a lid.
- 4. Add the salt and vinegar to the hot water, stir to dissolve the salt.
- 5. Pour over the peppers. Allow to cool, then cover.
- 6. Try after 2 hours, allow to set up to 4 hours at most. Remove from brine.
- 7. The pickled Cubanelles can go directly into a recipe, or can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
More To Love says
Yummy i want to try these for a BBQ the weekend thanks for sharring