My daughter and I have been noshing on Roasted Green Beans a lot lately. It is an incredibly easy recipe to prepare & makes for a great nutritious and low carb snack or side. A few edges will crisp, but mostly the green beans are chewier and more flavorful from the roasting.
How to Make Roasted Green Beans
Though we have been enjoying these for awhile now, I hadn’t really thought to share them until I recently streamlined the process. For ease & off-season freshness, I use frozen steamer bags of green beans for this recipe.
Since these are made with frozen petite green beans, I no longer use a bowl to dress them for roasting. I just snip the corner of a steamer bag, add my oil and balsamic, then fold over the cut edge securely and give it a good shake. The green beans are then put on a baking sheet for roasting (see specifics below). Easy & no mess!Print
Roasted Green Beans Recipe | Easy Low Carb Snack or Side
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Snack, side
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 1 steamer bag of petite green beans
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven 425 (convention) or 450 (standard oven).
- Snip one corner of vegetable bag with kitchen shears. Add the oil and vinegar in the opening. Fold corner securely, then shake well.
- Open bag and dump onto a large baking sheet. Spread the green beans out, and toss around a little if needed.
- Lightly sprinkle with Kosher salt, before adding to oven, then again when served.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then toss around in pan and check texture, if you want drier cook another 2 minutes.
- Roasting will take about 10 minutes also, but you will need to toss them around in pan a couple time during the roasting. They are dome when they are at the texture you prefer.