Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats are a fun no bake treat, great for the start of warmer weather. These are not just a summer treat though, they are perfect for Valentine's Day too. The pink rice krispie treats would also be nice to serve at a girl baby shower.
Sweet and tangy, these Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats plain out scream fun! Great by the pool or as a simple dessert for barbeque.
Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats: Making
Here is what you need to make these pink rice krispie treats. Full recipe below.
In addition to the ingredients shown, white candy melts are also used and you will also need a little red food coloring if you want the treats to have a noticeable pink tint.
The pink color you are going for is a deeper shade than the treats will be, as the rice krispies themselves will not change color.
I prefer the contrast of the white melts against the pink rice krispie treats, but yellow melts would also be a good option (or just add some yellow and pink sprinkles.... never enough sprinkles in this world)
Bring some Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats to the next cookout you are invited to. They are different enough to ensure no one else brings the same thing, yet familiar, so people will feel comfortable grabbing one... or more 😀
Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 10.5 oz bag of Marshmallows
- Red Food Coloring
- 1 packet Pink Lemonade Kool-Aid Mix
- ¼ cup Pink Candy Melts
- ¼ cup White Candy Melts
- Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. Set aside.
- Melt the butter over low heat, in a large saucepan.
- Stir in the marshmallows until completely melted.
- Mix in Kool-Aid, along with enough red food coloring to make the mixture pink.
- Remove from the burner and add the Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until the cereal is well coated.
- Press the mixture firmly into the pan, with oiled hands.
- Allow to cool, then cut into serving sized bars.
- Place the pink and white candy melts each in a small. First, melt the pink ones by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring then repeating in 15-20 second intervals until nearly melted. Remove and continue stirring to hack tempering, then drizzle over the treats. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before repeating with the white candy melts.