These cute red, white & blue ice cream sandwich cookies are an easy patriotic dessert everyone will love… especially the kids.
Making Red White & Blue Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
These patriotic ice cream sandwiches are simple to make. After all, who has time around the holiday to be fussy about things.
This is all you need for ingredients you need to make this dessert for the 4th of July.
Hurried Parent Hack
Buy refrigerated cookie dough, decorate and bake. If you don’t even have time for that check your grocer’s bakery department for some large cookies, then just skip to the the ice cream step.
Squish a scoop of softened ice cream between two of the cooled cookies, then roll in holiday sprinkles and refreeze.
For more ideas for the 4th check out my Fun Fourth of July Party in a Flash! party planning article or make some 4th of July Popcorn: Red White & Blue Chocolate Firecracker Popcorn.
Need an easy Patriotic dessert? These Red White and Blue Ice Cream Sandwiches are just the thing for your Fourth of July celebration!
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Red and Blue M&Ms
- Ice Cream half gallon tub
- Red and White Sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Slowly add flour and continue mixing until dough forms.
- Dust work surface with powdered sugar.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4" thick and cut out circles
- Place on prepared sheets.
- Reroll as necessary to make additional circles.
- Top each cookie with red and blue M&Ms.
- Bake 13-14 minutes or until they are pale golden color.
- Allow to cool on baking sheets.
- Set out ice cream to soften slightly.
- Place one scoop of ice cream on a cookie. Press another cookie gently on top to make a sandwich.
- You can optionally roll the edge of the sandwich in sprinkles.
- Place in freezer to set.