This Crockpot Tortellini Soup is easy to make and vegetarian too! A brothy yet hearty soup perfect for a lunch the whole family will love.
Crock pot Tortellini Soup - Easy Vegetarian Soup Recipe
The Tortellini and Vegetable Soup is quick to toss together in a crock pot. The slow cooker is the perfect place to cook soup, since it keeps it warm too!
Using frozen mixed vegetables saves so much time. Dump in, add a few herbs and either vegetable or chicken broth, then simmer a couple hours.
About 20-30 minutes before serving toss in some frozen tortellini and pop some frozen rolls into the oven. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper.
You will have a hearty homemade soup and fresh baked rolls, focaccia or breadsticks for your family to enjoy. Of course a nice green salad with ranch dressing or Balsamic vinaigrette would also be a nice addition.
This slow cooker soup with cheese tortellini is nearly effortless! Use red pepper flakes as well, if you like it spicy.
Crockpot Tortellini Soup, Vegetarian
- 15 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 15 oz can of Kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 12 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- ¼ teaspoon of onion or garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups of low sodium chicken stock or vegetable stock for vegetarians
- 12 oz bag of frozen tortellini cheese or spinach tortellini
- Put everything except the tortellini in slow cooker, and turn on high. Cover and cook for 2 ½ hours.
- Add the tortellini and cook another 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh baked rolls and grated cheese.