If you are a regular reader, you know I have been experimenting with quinoa (keen-wah) a great deal lately. It has quite an impressive nutritional profile, and I have enjoyed the challenge of creating recipes featuring it. For each quinoa recipe that makes it on the blog, several concoctions did not. While easy to cook, it can be a little tricky to use in recipes, but once you become accustomed to preparing meals with quinoa, you will be glad you did.
This Asian Salmon Green Bean and Quinoa Salad Recipe, utilizes the "grain" to add to the dish in a way most ingredients would not be able to. While I broiled some fresh salmon to prepare the dish, it would also be a terrific way to use up leftover salmon.
Be sure to try my Shrimp Quinoa Salad Bowl with Kale and Hummus Dressing too!
Asian Salmon Green Bean and Quinoa Salad
- 1 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs. orange juice
- 1 ½ tbs. low sodium soy sauce gluten-free if that is a concern
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup substitute honey if not on-hand
- 6-8 oz. wild salmon
- 12 oz. green beans bag frozen
- ½ tbs. olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Whisk together balsamic, orange juice, soy sauce, white vinegar, curry & agave.
- Take one tbs. of the sauce and use it to marinate the salmon.
- Steam the green beans, minus 1 minute on the cooking time.
- Heat olive oil on med-high heat, add beans and ginger, stir fry 1 minute.
- Add quinoa and sauce. Stir over heat for another minute.
- Add sesame oil, mix in, then remove from burner.
- Broil or grill the salmon med-rare to med.
- Break the salmon onto the green bean & quinoa mixture, in large chunks.
- Stir to coat.
- Serve warm or cold.