Focusing on lean proteins, whole seed grains, richly colored vegetables and healthy fats in our meals is not only a nutritious way to eat, but quite satisfying as well. With minimal preparation, some smart product choices, and the bountiful produce choices of summer this style of eating is easier than ever. This Shrimp and Red Quinoa Kale Salad with Hummus Dressing recipe (gluten-free) is just one example of how easy it can be to make better for you eating choices.
Recipe brought to you in collaboration with SeaPak Shrimp & Seafood Co.
All the ingredients for this power salad can conveniently be picked up right in your local Hannaford’s grocery store. They carry a vast array healthful options, at reasonable prices. I love that they also run free nutrition demos & classes right in store. Education and ease of procurement are so important when trying to learn how to create nourishing meals for our families.
The ingredient that truly makes this such an easy salad entree to prepare is SeaPak Marinated Shrimp (first box pictured) part of their new Lighthouse Selections seafood line-up. Each serving packs 20 grams of lean protein, and the shrimp is raised in BAP certified sustainable aquaculture farms. The marinade on the shrimp is flavorful and lightly spicy, making it a perfect pair for the creamy hummus dressing.
Making Shrimp and Red Quinoa Kale Salad with Hummus Dressing
Making this power salad is so easy. Other than tossing items in the salad bowl, there are only two simple things to do (full recipe below).
The SeaPak Marinated Shrimp is sauteed in a little olive oil.
A quick three-ingredient hummus dressing is whisked together. Everything is arranged in the bowls and it is time to enjoy a better for you meal with your loved ones.
Why not pop into your local Hannaford’s this week and pick up SeaPak Shrimp along with the other ingredients for this salad entree. It has never been so easy to make nutritious foods for your family. For more information about SeaPak and recipes, visit their Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest pages.
- 1 package SeaPak Marinated Shrimp
- 3-4 cups of baby kale greens
- 1/2 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers chopped
- 2 tbs sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Saute the SeaPak Marinated Shrimp over medium heat until cooked through (directions on box).
- While cooking, whisk together the hummus dressing ingredients and arrange the kale, quinoa and sweet peppers in 2-3 bowls. Pour some of the dressing on each bowl.
- Once fully cooked, divide the marinated shrimp and place in the bowls then sprinkle generously with the sliced scallions.