An easy Asian salmon recipe for a quick yet tasty dinner. Wild salmon is grilled after a quick soak in Asian marinade. I make this grilled salmon recipe and slight variations of it quite often in the spring and summer, but it is a good choice any time of year.
Easy Asian Salmon
I got a great deal on wild Coho Salmon recently, so I thought I’d share my easy go to Asian marinade for grilled salmon. It is a super simple marinade of just 3 ingredients, but it does the job wonderfully. Sometimes simple really is the best way to go.
I served the Grilled Asian Salmon over a bed of roasted riced cauliflower, sprinkled on some sliced scallions and added a few dabs of sriracha. A splash of soy, ponzu sauce, or lemon really would be sufficient though. I have been making slightly varied versions of this salmon for years and it never disappoints. The salmon would serve equally well with brown rice or a couple sides of vegetables.
Easy Asian Salmon Recipe
- 2 wild salmon fillets . 4 oz fillets
- oil to coat grill
- 2 tbs raw honey*
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs Ponzu sauce
- Whisk together the marinate.
- Add salmon and set aside for for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to med-high.
- Lay salmon fillets flesh side down. After a few minutes, when a nice sear is accomplished, flip to skin side down to finish cooking. Fish should cook to about medium, then slide a spatula between the meat and skin. Gently lift to plate.