Healthy Chocolate Mousse
Just because we have made a decision to embrace healthy eating doesn’t mean we have to lose desserts. An occasional dessert can be enjoyed. We just have to be smarter about it.
Opting for more nutritious ingredients makes for a more healthy dessert. In the case of this chocolate mousse recipe, Greek yogurt adds protein without as much fat. Sweetener is also vastly reduced. Only a small amount of honey is used. If this is not sweet enough for your palate, add a little stevia as well.
Healthy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 2 cups non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate at least 70% cocoa, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey may substitute with agave or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat, add milk and chocolate. Stir until chocolate melts into a smooth sauce. Stir in the honey and vanilla extract.
- In a medium sized bowl, add Greek yogurt and slowly pour the chocolate mixture over the top. Stir until evenly blended. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
- Once chilled, serve cold. Optional: top with whipped cream, extra Greek yogurt, chocolate shavings and/or your favorite fresh berries. Mousse can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.