These Cajun chicken appetizers are mini open faced sandwiches, making them easy to handle and very well suited to serve as an appetizer. I do love mini sandwiches and these make for fabulous party food! This Cajun Chicken Open Faced Sandwich appetizers recipe is easy to make and also perfect along with a nice bowl of soup.
Cajun Chicken Appetizers – Making the Mini Open Faced Sandwiches
Let’s get the party started with some Cajun Chicken appetizers.
Here is a quick visual walk through of making these mini open faced sandwiches. Full appetizer recipe below.
Small pieces of chicken are coated in Cajun seasonings, then quickly sauteed in a little olive oil. Half inch slices are cut off a French baguette.
The slices of French bread are basted with garlic oil, and lightly toasted on each side under broiler.
Each slice is topped with Cajun Chicken and shredded cheese, then broiled until cheese is melted. Voila, your Cajun chicken mini sandwich appetizers are done.Print
Cajun Chicken Appetizers Open Faced Sandwiches
These Cajun chicken appetizers are mini open faced sandwiches. They are perfect for any party or gethering, but also great as a meal with a simple bowl of soup.
- Prep Time: 6 mins
- Cook Time: 9 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 4 oz chicken breast
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp olive oil (1/2 tsp to saute chicken, 1 1/2 tsp to baste bread)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 6 (1/2 ‘) slices of baguette
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend)
- Cut chicken into small pieces (smaller than bite sized).
- Mix salt, paprika, onion powder, sugar and cayenne in bowl, then toss the chicken in it.
- Turn broiler on high to preheat.
- Place 1/2 tsp of olive oil in skillet over med-high heat. Once hot add chicken and quickly saute until cooked through. Set aside.
- Baste each side of the the baguette slices, place on foil lined pan and lightly toast each side under broiler.
- Top with chicken and shredded cheese then broil until cheese is melted.
- Serve with soup to make a meal.