Southwest Lobster Rolls may seem like culinary sacrilege to some folks around here in New England, but they taste "wick'd" good & as a born and raised "New Englanda", I'll do what I darn well please with my "lobsta".
If you want a little extra zing to the sandwiches add a little of my Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing to the rolls or serve on the side as a dip for chips or fries.
Serve Kettle chips, classic macaroni salad, Hellmann's potato salad or air fryer sweet potato fries on the side for a delicious combination! For more regional flavor make my Southwest Eggrolls Chili's restaurant copycat or my Vegetarian Zucchini Boats (Mexican Style).
Southwest Lobster Roll Recipe
- Two steamed lobsters approximately 1 ½ pounds each steamed 11-12 minutes, then cooled
- 1 cob of sweet corn steamed or left over grilled, cooled
- ⅓ cup. mayonnaise I used Hellmann's Light
- ½ tbs fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 6 New England Style hot dog rolls they are the stuck together ones with the flat sides
- Butter for toasting rolls
- Remove lobster meat from shells and cut into bite size pieces.
- Cut corn off cob.
- Whisk together the mayo, lime juice and cayenne. Then mix in lobster, corn and cilantro.
- Finally fold in the avocado. Try not to mush it up, but make sure it is coated in dressing and evenly distributed.
- Butter and grill the rolls over medium heat, then fill each with the lobster mixture while still warm.