You can now have the sweet & spicy flavor of Panda Express Sweet Fire Chicken at home, with this easy copycat recipe. This is an especially good thing for me, because our Panda Express is in the mall, and that means shopping. Shopping on top of lunch can make for an expensive craving. Just cook up a batch and make some rice to go with it, then enjoy.
How to Make Copycat Panda Express Sweetfire Chicken
Check the ingredient list below. Most are common items, but you will probably need to pick up chili sauce, unless you typically prepare a lot of spicy Asian recipes.
Prep for stir fry by cutting your vegetables and chicken before hand.
Follow the simple dredging technique to create a thin batter for your chicken pieces. Fry it up, then stir fry the red bell peppers and onions, add chicken then Thai sweet chili sauce .
See full instruction for Copycat Panda Express Sweetfire Chicken breast below:
Copycat Panda Express Sweetfire Chicken
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken Breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- ¾ cup Flour
- 1 cup Corn Starch
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- ½ Onion chopped
- 1 ½ cup Pineapple Chunks drained canned or preferably fresh pineapple
- ½ cup Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 2 Green Onions
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Take each piece of chicken and coat in flour (shaking off excess), dip in egg and then coat in corn starch (pressing to coat).
- Cook chicken in skillet, several pieces at a time until golden and crispy (about 2 minutes per side), and drain on paper towels. Discard frying oil.
- Drain the pineapple chunks.
- Place olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir fry pepper, onion and pineapple, until tender.
- Add in chicken and chili sauce and stir well. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- If sauce is too thin, make a slurry of 1 tbs corn starch and 1 tbs water. Add to pan and continue stirring.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.