Taco night is the best night! Creative tacos are a nice way to change things up and spice your recipe rotation up! There are endless ways to make them. Whether you’re doing fish tacos, chicken tacos, beef tacos, or even veggie tacos, this list has something for everyone. You’re guaranteed to find something the whole family will love!
I have a bunch of creative taco ideas for you today. Taco Tuesday will never be the same. Let me know how you like the ones you try!
If you love tacos, you had best get cooking... or find someone to make them for you.
- Slow Cooker Pork Tacos with all the Extras - Bless This Mess Please
- Bacon Tacos - Around My Family Table
- Balsamic Fish Tacos - Dine & Dish
- Chimichurri Halibut Tacos- Cooking Light
- Slow Cooker Mexican Red Chili Tacos - A Cedar Spoon
- Vegetarian Bean Burger Tacos - Mom Foodie
- Caribbean Beef and Mango Salsa - Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Sausage and Peppers Breakfast Tacos - Boulder Locavore
- Spicy Fish Tacos - Foodess
- Chicken Soft Tacos - Not Your Average College Food
- Szechuan Chicken Tacos - Mom Foodie
- Beer Marinated Grilled Mushroom Tacos with Pepita Relish & Chipotle Crema - Oh My Veggies
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Sriracha Sour Cream - Creole Contessa
- Fresh Grilled Shrimp & Corn Tacos - Mom Foodie (Recipe card below)
- Chorizo Black Bean Tacos - Circle B Kitchen
- Breakfast Tacos with Potatoes, Eggs and Cheese - Flavor Mosaic
- Gluten Free Zesty Chicken Tacos - Maebells
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos- Mom Foodie
- Spicy Mahi Mahi Tacos - Things I Made Today
- Korean-Style Beef Tacos - Cooking Light
- Red Thai Curry Pulled Pork Tacos - She Knows
- Crispy Ground Beef and Potato Tacos (Picadillo) - Food, Folks and Fun
- Chicken Salad Tacos - The Baker Mamar
- Pulled Pork Tacos with Slaw - Mom Foodie
- Fish Tacos with Strawberry Mango Salsa - IFoodReal
- Carne Asada Tacos- Pinch and Swirl
- Lime Chicken Tacos - Chef In Training
- Brisket Tacos, Dallas Style - Taste And Tell
- Chicken Taco Bento Box - Mom Foodie
- Cauliflower Grilled Tacos with Nectarine Chipotle Salsa - Whole Food Bellies
- Salmon Tacos with Avocado Mango Salsa - A Cookie Named Desire
Grilled Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- ¾ to 1 pound jumbo wild caught shrimp de-headed
- 8 corn tortillas
- ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco
- arugula substitute other lettuce if you prefer
- Batch of Tex-Mex Corn & Tomato Salad the dressing used to marinate shrimp is reserved from this recipe
- Remove shell from shrimp, leaving tails on. De-vein, then marinate in ¼ of the dressing from corn salad.
- If you haven't already prepared the salad, do so now.
- Preheat grill.
- Once hot, place the tortillas on the hot grill, leave it on med-high to high heat. When the tortillas get some color, flip them. Once the other side is done, remove to plate lined with paper or cloth towel. Fold each over in a row, then place a wooden spoon or other utensil on top to gently weight them, and keep them in taco shape, while cooling.
- Grill the shrimp. This should be quick. Pull them off as soon as no translucency is visible on the outside, to avoid over cooking. If the inside isn't fully cooked through, it will finish doing so off the grill, from residual heat.
- Put arugula on bottom of shell
- Then spoon on some corn salad, and sprinkle on queso fresco
- Finally nest the shrimp on top.*
Time note: If you are making the corn salad at the same time, total time required between prep and cooking will be around 40-45 minutes