Prosciutto Garlic and Pecan Quinoa is an easy satisfying gluten-free dish.
I am always coming up with new quinoa recipes. It is a very popular ingredient around here. A friend came over right as I was photographing this Prosciutto Garlic and Pecan Quinoa, and he loves the stuff, so he got to eat the “subject”.
This easy quinoa recipe is flavorful enough to serve as an entree on it’s own, yet subtle enough to make a good side dish, and not clash with the main entree. It features the Italian flavors of Prosciutto ham and garlic, along with thyme & pecans in quinoa, a South American peasant staple.
More Quinoa Recipes
- Ratatouille Soup with Quinoa: Low Calorie Soup Recipe
- Easy Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Recipe | Yes, You Can Roast Frozen Vegetables
- Black Bean and Quinoa Soup
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms with Zucchini Quinoa Stuffing
Prosciutto Garlic and Pecan Quinoa
- 1/2 tbs. olive oil
- 4 slices Prosciutto ham
- 1 clove garlic crushed/minced
- 1 cup quinoa dry
- 2 tbs pecans chopped
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh lemon thyme standard 4-5 sprigs of regular thyme, or 1/2 tsp dry can be substituted
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Roll the slices of Prosciutto into a cigar shape and cut 1/4 inch slices, making thin strips.
- Put oil in non-stick skillet over med-high heat.
- Once hot add the Prosciutto, stirring frequently.
- As the ham begins to crisp, add the garlic, quinoa, pecans & thyme.
- Once toasted, add the stock.
- As soon as stock starts to boil, cut down burner to low-med, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove cover, shut off heat, and allow to rest a few minutes before serving.