These Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms with these zucchini and Quinoa Stuffed mushrooms make a great starter or light meal. It's an easy vegetarian recipe, and a good way to introduce quinoa to the uninitiated.
Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms : Zucchini Quinoa Stuffing
The Zucchini Quinoa Stuffing for these gluten free stuffed mushrooms features a bit of Italian cheese as a tasty binder. It is a tender moist stuffing and the overall flavor of these stuffed mushrooms is relatively mild, making it a starter well suited for serving before delicate entrees. I don't know about you, but I prefer not to blow my palate out before eating a subtle meal, like baked cod.
I've also made sure to keep the sodium levels down on these cheesy zucchini stuffed mushrooms. No one wants to be bloated from salt, especially during the hot summer months. A little lemon zest makes sure there is enough flavor.
More Gluten-free recipes
Here are a few more gluten-free recipes with similar ingredients you may like.
- Creamy Chicken Quinoa "Risotto" with Sweet Peppers & Mushrooms
- Ratatouille Soup with Quinoa: Low Calorie Soup Recipe
- Zucchini Salad with Chickpea and Artichoke
- Creamy Chicken Sausage Cauliflower Rice with Mushrooms and Peppers
Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms with Zucchini Quinoa Stuffing
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1 tbs butter
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 zucchini diced small
- 1 cup organic low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbs white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup cheese Italian blend shredded
- Separate the stems from mushroom caps. Small dice the stems, and set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add quinoa, garlic, and zucchini squash. Saute until quinoa is toasted, then add mushrooms and saute another minute.
- Add stock, wine and bay leaf, reduce heat to simmer and cover. Quinoa should be fully cooked and fluffy in about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese. When cool enough to handle hand pack stuffing into mushroom caps.
- Coat a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and arrange mushrooms in it.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Serve with sprinkle of Parmesan cheese or squeeze of lemon.
This looks fantastic and I am currently cooking the quinoa mixture, but did I miss where you add the wine in? I have read and reread it and I cannot determine at what step you added the wine.
Robin Gagnon says
Sorry, wine goes right in with the stock. Editing now.