These Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms with Zucchini Quinoa Stuffing make a great starter or light meal. It’s an easy vegetarian recipe, and a good way to introduce quinoa to the uninitiated. I’ve also made sure to keep the sodium levels down on this, no one wants to be bloated from salt, especially during the hot summer months. A little lemon zest makes sure there is enough flavor.
Gluten free Stuffed Mushrooms (Zucchini Quinoa Stuffing)
Zucchini Quinoa Stuffing for Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms
The Zucchini Quinoa Stuffing features a bit of Italian cheese as a tasty binder. It is a tender moist stuffing and the overall flavor of these gluten free stuffed mushrooms is relatively mild, making it a starter well suited for serving before delicate entrees. I don’t know about you, but I prefer not to blow my palate out before eating a subtle meal, like baked cod.
Time Saving Tip
Save time and hassle… order groceries and household products through Prime Pantry and get them delivered right to your door! There are frequent deals and even coupons available right at your fingertips.
Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms with Zucchini Quinoa Stuffing
Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms with Zucchini Quinoa Stuffing, a vegetarian appetizer.
- Prep Time: 6 mins
- Cook Time: 42 mins
- Total Time: 48 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 small zucchini*, diced small
- 1 cup organic low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbs white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, Italian blend
- Separate the stems from mushroom caps. Small dice the stems, and set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add quinoa, garlic, and zucchini squash. Saute until quinoa is toasted, then add mushrooms and saute another minute.
- Add stock, wine and bay leaf, reduce heat to simmer and cover. Quinoa should be fully cooked and fluffy in about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese. When cool enough to handle hand pack stuffing into mushroom caps.
- Coat a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and arrange mushrooms in it.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Serve with sprinkle of Parmesan cheese or squeeze of lemon.
*about 5″ long
- Calories: 104
- Sodium: 88
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 6