Flourless peanut butter cookies, yes, you heard me right, no flour of any kind in these peanut butter cookies. The recipe is super simple: peanut butter + sugar + egg = yummy cookies. WTH? How on earth does that make cookies? Obviously it does, she had pics to prove it. I had to give it a try.
I can't make anything without messing with it, so of course I had to push the envelope and change up a few things. I used a natural super chunky peanut butter with honey (Honestly, because I didn't care for it very much. Peanut butter should just be peanuts & salt in my book.) and instead of measuring a cup... I just used the whole dang jar, while keeping the sugar and egg amounts from the original recipe the same. I also added chocolate chunks, simply because I like chocolate chunks (they were dairy-free to fit my daughter's current GFCF diet). Would my changes turn these cookies into a sloppy gooey puddle of sweet ooze?
Nope. They were slammin'! This is a great gluten free cookie recipe to keep on hand. So many people being gluten intolerant these days & this doesn't require any unusual ingredients.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks
- 15 oz chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chocolate chunks plus a few more for good measure
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly mix the first 3 ingredients together.
- Add the chocolate chunks, and stir until evenly distributed.
- Scoop up a couple tablespoons of the dough & roll into ball, place on parchment lined baking sheet, and press down a little to form cookie shape. Repeat until sheet is full.
- Bake for about 16 minutes.
- Place cookie on cooling rack. They will be ready to enjoy in a few minutes.