Flourless peanut butter cookies, yes, you heard me right, no flour of any kind in these peanut butter cookies. The recipe is super simple: peanut butter + sugar + egg = yummy cookies. WTH? How on earth does that make cookies? Obviously it does, she had pics to prove it. I had to give it a try.
I can't make anything without messing with it, so of course I had to push the envelope and change up a few things. I used a natural super chunky peanut butter with honey (Honestly, because I didn't care for it very much. Peanut butter should just be peanuts & salt in my book.) and instead of measuring a cup... I just used the whole dang jar, while keeping the sugar and egg amounts from the original recipe the same. I also added chocolate chunks, simply because I like chocolate chunks (they were dairy-free to fit my daughter's current GFCF diet). Would my changes turn these cookies into a sloppy gooey puddle of sweet ooze?
Nope. They were slammin'! This is a great gluten free cookie recipe to keep on hand. So many people being gluten intolerant these days & this doesn't require any unusual ingredients.
For a more traditional peanut butter cookie without flour, try my 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies. If flour is not an issue, try out my fun Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies or Peanut Butter Blondies recipes.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks
- 15 oz chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chocolate chunks plus a few more for good measure
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly mix the first 3 ingredients together.
- Add the chocolate chunks, and stir until evenly distributed.
- Scoop up a couple tablespoons of the dough & roll into ball, place on parchment lined baking sheet, and press down a little to form cookie shape. Repeat until sheet is full.
- Bake for about 16 minutes.
- Place cookie on cooling rack. They will be ready to enjoy in a few minutes.