This Golden Beet Cranberry Quinoa Stuffing recipe is somewhat sweet yet savory, that takes full advantage of the fall harvest. It works perfectly as a side or even a vegetarian entree as well as a gluten free stuffing.
Golden Beet Cranberry Quinoa Stuffing Recipe
I find the mild sweetness of the roasted golden beets and tangy cranberries team well with the savory quinoa in this dish, creating a fun gluten free stuffing.
This quinoa stuffing recipe is gluten-free and if you opt for vegetable stock, vegan too.
If you like this recipe be sure to try my Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Cranberries and Pecans!
Golden Beet Cranberry Quinoa Stuffing
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- 2 cups diced golden beets peeled
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 bay leaf
- 16 oz vegetable stock or chicken stock if not vegetarian
- ⅔ cup sweetened dry cranberries
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together oil, maple syrup, salt & sage, then mix in the beets & garlic until well coated.
- Spread out on large baking sheet, baking dish or roasting pan. Roast for 15 min, turn and roast 5-10 more minutes. Remove & set aside.
- While beets are roasting, Place a large skillet over med-high heat, and toast the walnuts and quinoa.
- Add bay leaf and stock, cover and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Add the roasted beets and dry cranberries, stir until evenly distributed.
- Best served warm rather than hot.