This Golden Beet Cranberry Quinoa Stuffing recipe is somewhat sweet yet savory, that takes full advantage of the fall harvest. It works perfectly as a side or even a vegetarian entree as well as a gluten free stuffing.
Golden Beet Cranberry Quinoa Stuffing Recipe
I find the mild sweetness of the roasted golden beets and tangy cranberries team well with the savory quinoa in this dish, creating a fun gluten free stuffing.
This quinoa stuffing recipe is gluten-free and if you opt for vegetable stock, vegan too.
Golden Beet Cranberry Quinoa Stuffing
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 2 cups diced golden beets peeled
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 bay leaf
- 16 oz chicken or vegetable stock
- 2/3 cup sweetened dry cranberries
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together oil, maple syrup, salt & sage, then mix in the beets & garlic until well coated.
- Spread out on large baking sheet, baking dish or roasting pan. Roast for 15 min, turn and roast 5-10 more minutes. Remove & set aside.
- While beets are roasting, Place a large skillet over med-high heat, and toast the walnuts and quinoa.
- Add bay leaf and stock, cover and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Add the roasted beets and dry cranberries, stir until evenly distributed.
- Best served warm rather than hot.