The term “Healthy Cookies ” may seem like an oxymoron, but these almond cookies are indeed healthy. The recipe is grain-free, sugar-free and dairy-free. The cookies are low in saturated fat and thanks to both almond butter and almond flour high in healthy unsaturated fats. Each cookie has 5 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber too!
Healthy Almond Cookies and More Grain-free Recipes to Come
You will be seeing more grain-free recipes on the blog in coming months. I am trying out a grain-free diet in the New Year (I’ll be sharing more of the specifics on that next week). This simple recipe is me getting my toes wet, before jumping in. I have done a lot of gluten-free recipes over the years, but not many grain-free ones, at least not baked goods. I’m pretty happy with these almond cookies, especially due to their ample does of healthy fats, so I will be making them again.Print
Almond Cookies Recipe : Grain-Free and Sugar-Free
- Prep Time: 18 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12-16
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup zero calorie measures like sugar Stevia blend (use sugar or other m-l-s blend if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- Beat the egg in medium size mixing bowl, with salt, stevia & extract.
- Add the almond butter and almond meal. Stir until well mixed.
- Form the dough into a ball or log, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into quarters, then divide each quarter into 3 (to make a dozen) or 4 (to make 16), then roll into a ball and flatten with cookie press or fork. *
- Position the cookies about an inch & a half – 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, then carefully remove to cooling rack.
- Allow the cookies to fully cool before serving. They are fragile until completely cooled.
* if using a cookie press, press the cookie right on prep surface then use spatula to move to parchment, if using a fork, press right on the parchment.
>> Nutrition stats based on 12 cookies. If you make 16 reduce counts by 25%.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 54mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg