These Healthy Chocolate Truffles help us indulge in a chocolate treat without the guilt. While this recipe doesn't fall under any particular popular diet per say, it will fit within a good many of them in moderation. These healthy truffles would be great to serve at a holiday party or make a nice edible homemade holiday gift.
Healthy Chocolate Truffles
While these decadent truffles are not "diet food", they are a far better choice for satisfying a sweet tooth or chocolate craving. The truffles are easy to make and don't require any unusual ingredients either. At 5 grams of carbohydrates per serving even those on a low carb diet could have one or two (depending on how strict your particular diet is).
How to Make Healthy Chocolate Truffles
Here is a quick walk through of the process of making these healthier truffle candies. Full recipe below.
These are the four ingredients you will need. That's right, just 4!
The chocolate is melted and almond butter is mixed in. Greek yogurt is then added to the mixture and stirred unto evenly mixed.
The truffle mixture is then rolled into small balls and tossed in cocoa powder to finish.
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter may substitute with your favorite nut butter
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl, and microwave for 1 minute, stir and continue to microwave in 15-20 second intervals (stirring in between) until melted.
- Stir in almond butter until combined.
- Add Greek yogurt and mix until incorporated.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours to firm up.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the chocolate mixture into clean hands and roll into balls.
- Roll the balls in the unsweetened cocoa powder to complete the truffles.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to be enjoyed.
Leave a Reply