What cocktail could be better to serve this fall than a Pumpkin Pie Martini! This easy pumpkin martini recipe is just liquor and garnish no muddling around with pumpkin puree or the like. We are looking for flavor in a cocktail, not to turn it into a dessert.
Pumpkin Pie Martini
While I was thinking about Thanksgiving when I made this cocktail, the martini would be perfect anytime in the fall. It is lightly sweet from the small amount of Irish Cream used. The other "sweeter" flavors are from flavorings rather than sugars. So this is not one of those sickeningly sweet holiday cocktails. It is definitely reminiscent of pumpkin pie though.
This Thanksgiving cocktail is not nearly as high in carbs as I expected. Most of the calories come from alcohol rather than sugar. If you don't care about carbs serve some cute Oreo Acorns or Pumpkin Spice Popcorn on the side... YUM!
How to Make a Pumpkin Martini
Other than shaking over ice and straining, like any straight up martini, there is just a bit of garnishing. This makes the drink more fall festive.
First before mixing the pumpkin martini, wet the glass rims and twist them in a plate of brown sugar. A crystallized type of sugar called sucanat is shown, but other types are good, I just don't suggest standard brown sugar.
I hope you enjoy this pumpkin martini and Aunt Ida doesn’t drive you nuts this year.
Pumpkin Pie Martini Recipe
- 1 ½ ounces Pumpkin Spiced Rum , Jack-O Blast
- 1 ounce Vanilla vodka
- ½ ounce Irish Cream Liqueur
- large crystal brown sugar for rim , turbinado, sucanat, or Sugar in the Raw
- pumpkin pie spice , to sprinkle on top
- Wet the rim of your martini glass and roll it in a shallow plate of brown sugar crystals. (optional)
- Pour the liquors over ice in a cocktail shaker, cover and shake well. Strain into glass.
- Sprinkle on some pumpkin pie spice. (optional)