Wouldn’t these homemade Vicks Shower Tablets make a great inexpensive DIY holiday gift. This recipe would be an especially good homemade Christmas gift for men, since they tend to be hard to make things for. Of course they would be just as appreciated by the ladies on your list. Why not make them for everyone in the office, cold season is still at it’s start after all.
All you need to make these congestion relieving shower tablets is Vicks, some small air tight jars and a few common household ingredients. Glitter was added to this batch for more festive flair (it will just wash right down the drain), but you can skip that if you prefer or add a few drops of food coloring to match recipient’s bathroom decor. When a nasty cold hits them, they will be very glad to have your thoughtful homemade gift on hand to help clear them up.
Homemade Vicks Shower Tablets Recipe
- Category: Health
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 5 table spoons of Vicks (Can use baby Vicks for a more gentle smell)
- 1/2 cup of Baking Soda
- glitter (optional)
- Add a teaspoon of water as your see fit. (I did 3)
- Mold tray (ice cube, chocolate)
To Make the Shower Tablets
- Place corn starch in a bowl, add the Vicks and mix it around until well combined. (This will be strong smelling so maybe wear gloves if your sensitive or open a window.)
- Now add the baking soda (and glitter if you are using it) and mix well. (IF you find you need more moisture add a tsp at a time use care not to over do it though,or tablets won’t form right.)
- Put the mixture into your ice cube tray to other molding tray, and freeze it for a few hours.
- Take out and pop out of the molds.
- Store the homemade Vicks Shower Tablets in small airtight jars
- Just place one in the shower near the drain. The steam will fill your shower and help clear your congestion.