This easy Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe is sure to become a Christmas favorite in your house. Fudge is one of the simplest candies you can make, and definitely popular with the kids. I hear Santa leaves extra giftes for this who leave some creamy peanut butter fudge out rather than cookies…just sayin’.
A tin of this peanut butter fudge wrapped with a pretty festive bow with a printed out copy of the recipe would make an outstanding inexpensive homemade holiday gift. If you are really feeling ambitious, make nice mixed trays of cookies and candies for your recipients & make a Pinterest board or other online collection with all the recipes readily available for them.
How to Make this Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
Cook the sugar, evaporated milk and corn syrup to a soft ball stage (drops of it in cold water will form ball, but flatten out in warm fingers. Add butter and vanilla, mix well, then mix in the peanut butter.
Pour the creamy peanut butter fudge into a prepared dish and cool before cutting.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 oz evaporated milk (one can)_
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 pound butter (one stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract pure
- 8 oz creamy peanut butter
- Butter the inside of glass baking dish or line with parchment paper and butter paper.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, mix the Sugar, Corn Syrup and Evaporated milk.. Stir regularly. Mixture will begin boiling. Reduce heat if it seems ready to boil over.
- Continue cooking until mixture reaches soft ball stage (235-245 degrees). You can test for this by seeing the syrup forms a ball while in the cold water, but flattens once removed from the water.
- Remove pan from heat and add butter and vanilla.
- Stir until butter is melted and evenly distributed.
- Add peanut butter and continue stirring until mixture start to lose it's sheen. Pour into the prepared dish to cool.