Raspberry Iced Tea is a classic summer beverage. This refreshing iced tea recipe is easy to make as a family drink. Raspberry flavored ice tea is also a great non-alcoholic party drink.
When you really need a cold beverage, this raspberry sweet tea is just the thing. It certainly makes hot summer days bearable.
Raspberry Iced Tea
Homemade Sweetened Raspberry Iced tea is perfect for all sorts of summer events. It is equally appropriate served as an alcohol-free beverage choice at a wedding or poolside with the kids. For some reason the raspberry flavor just makes this drink seem more refreshing.
The recipe below uses cane sugar. For those watching their sugar intake, a natural zero calorie sweetener can easily be substituted. Just be mindful that some are much sweeter than sugar and adjust accordingly.
Here the ice tea is garnished with lemon and fresh raspberries. A sprig of mint would be a good choice to top the beverage with, as well.
I also have a peach iced tea recipe if you would like to try that too.
How to Make Raspberry Iced Tea
This raspberry sweet tea is an easy iced tea recipe to prepare. Make a big batch the evening before your event and serve over ice during the party. See the printable recipe card below for walk through of the preparation process to make the raspberry tea.
Raspberry Iced Tea Ingredients
- black tea (yes, you can use green tea, or an herbal tea if you prefer)
- fresh raspberries (swap frozen berries, if not in season)
- sugar (honey or a zero calorie sweetener are also options)
Brewing the Raspberry Tea
- Add 4 cups of water to a saucepan over high heat.
- When it comes to a boil, turn off the burner, remove from heat and add tea bags. The black tea should steep for 15 minutes in the hot water.
- Discard tea bags and put tea aside until ready to add raspberry syrup.
Making the raspberry syrup
- Add sugar and 4 cups of water in a saucepan and put over high heat stir occasionally until sugar dissolves.
- Add fresh or frozen raspberries and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, mash up the berries and cook for 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through cheesecloth or a fine mesh sieve and discard berries.
Combine the tea and syrup. Chill the hot tea mixture. Once cold add ice cubes to serve the raspberry iced tea. Garnish the flavored tea with a few fresh raspberries and lemon slices or splash of fresh lemon juice in each glass if you like.
This basic recipe can also be used with other berries, such as strawberries or blackberries when those are more readily available.
More Refreshing Summer Drinks!
Here are a few more non-alcoholic summer beverage recipes for your family to enjoy.
- Pineapple Lemonade
- Rosewater Limeade Recipe
- Matcha Green Tea Lemonade Recipe
- Orangeade (from Know Your Produce)
- Watermelon Milkshakes | Vegan Milkshake Recipe
Make raspberry iced tea next time you entertain. It is sure to be a big hit with guests, and is healthier than buying bottled or using a drink mix.
Raspberry Iced Tea
- 3 Black Tea Bags
- 8 cups Water divided
- 1 cup Sugar
- 12 oz Raspberries
- Place 4 cups of water in saucepan over high heat. Remove from the heat as soon as the water comes to boil. Add tea bags and steep in the water for 15 minutes.
- While the tea is steeping. Put the remaining 4 cups water and sugar in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the raspberries and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and mash raspberries. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Take the raspberry syrup mixture off the burner and strain through cheesecloth or strainer, discard the spent berries or reserve to add the oatmeal or baked goods.
- Combine the tea and fresh raspberry syrup in a large pitcher and serve over ice.