Raspberry Iced Tea is a classic summer beverage. This refreshing iced tea recipe is easy to make and great both as a family drink and a non-alcoholic party drink. This tea makes hot summer days bearable.
Raspberry Iced Tea
Homemade Sweetened Raspberry Iced tea is perfect for all sorts of summer events. It is equally appropriate served as an alcohol-free beverage choice at a wedding or poolside with the kids.
The recipe below uses cane sugar. For those watching their sugar intake, a natural zero calorie sweetener can easily be substituted. Just be mindful that some are much sweeter than sugar and adjust accordingly.
Here the iced tea is garnished with lemon and fresh raspberries. A sprig of mint would be an equally good choice as well.
Making Fresh Raspberry Sweet Tea
This raspberry sweet tea is an easy iced tea recipe to prepare. All you really need is black tea, raspberries and sugar. Make a big batch the evening before your event and serve over ice during the party. See the printable recipe card below for walk through of the preparation process to make the raspberry tea.
Brewing the Tea
- Add 4 cups of water to a saucepan over high heat.
- When it comes to a boil, turn off the burner and add tea bags. Steep the black tea in the water for 15 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and put tea aside until ready to add raspberry syrup.
Making the raspberry syrup
- Heat 4 cups of water and sugar over high heat in a saucepan until sugar dissolves.
- Add raspberries and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, mash up the berries and cook for 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through cheesecloth and discard berries.
Combine the tea and syrup. Chill and add ice to serve.
More Refreshing Summer Drinks!
Here are a few more non-alcoholic summer beverage recipes for your family to enjoy.
- Pineapple Lemonade
- Rosewater Limeade Recipe
- Matcha Green Tea Lemonade Recipe
- Orangeade (from Know Your Produce)
- Watermelon Milkshakes | Vegan Milkshake Recipe
Raspberry Iced Tea is a refreshing sweet tea recipe that is easy to prepare. The drink is perfect for both casual and elegant summer gatherings.
- 3 Black Tea Bags
- 8 cups Water divided
- 1 cup Sugar
- 12 oz Raspberries
Place 4 cups of water in saucepan over high heat. Remove from the heat as soon as the water comes to boil. Add tea bags and steep in the water for 15 minutes.
While the tea is steeping. Put the remaining 4 cups water and sugar in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the raspberries and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium and mash raspberries. Cook for 10 more minutes.
Take the raspberry syrup mixture off the burner and strain through cheesecloth or strainer, discard the spent berries or reserve to add the oatmeal or baked goods.
Combine the tea and fresh raspberry syrup in a large pitcher and serve over ice.