Who doesn't love stuffed chicken? Like half of America, I am currently trying to eat healthier for the New Year. For dinner tonight I came up with this simple and light version of broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken, complete with a flavorful gravy. It was cooked on the stove top, and on the table quickly. I didn't measure while making this, but the recipe should be easy to duplicate anyway. The cheese spread wedges really don't melt, so pan frying is not a problem.
Easy Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- small chicken breasts 1 per serving
- Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss Wedges 1 per serving
- steamed broccoli
- Mrs. Dash Salt-free Seasoning I used table blend
- non-stick cooking spray
- clove of garlic crushed/minced
- chicken broth
- fat free milk
- Pound out chicken breasts. (just put each between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with back of a skillet)
- Lift off top sheet of wrap and sprinkle generously with seasoning. Replace wrap.
- Flip over & remove top wrap and discard. Break up a wedge of the cheese spread, and line up on breast slightly off center. Add broccoli florets tops, in same area.
- Use the remaining piece of wrap to assist you in rolling the breast and forming it snugly.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray, put on med heat.
- Once hot, add the stuffed breasts. Cover.
- Gently flip the breasts a few times, to ensure even cooking. Don't worry about the cheese melting out, it isn't very meltable.
- Once cooked through, remove breasts and set aside. Drop the garlic in the skillet, add a generous splashes of broth and fat free milk and increase the heat to med-high, to quickly reduce and cook garlic.
- Pour the sauce over breasts and serve.