English Breakfast Muffins, known simply as English muffins to most of us are actually pretty easy to make. Have your family enjoying your own homemade English muffins with this simple recipe.
Once you see how easy it is to make these fresh English Breakfast Muffins, you may never buy packaged again.
How to Make English Breakfast Muffins
Knead the dough ingredients together, then allow it rise.
Separate into individual muffin doughs and place on prepped griddle. Allow to rise, then cook each side.
If you enjoy making these, you make also like making your own Everything Bagels as well.
English Breakfast Muffins
- 6 cup Flour
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoon 1 packet Yeast
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup warm Water
- 3 tablespoon Butter softened
- Corn Meal
- Add yeast to warm water and allow to sit.
- Warm milk and dissolve sugar in it. Set aside to cool.
- Put 3 cups of flour, salt, butter, yeast mix and milk mix and beat until smooth.
- Add remaining flour ½ cup at a time until a soft dough forms.
- Knead for 5 minutes in mixer or 10 minutes by hand.
- Place dough in a oiled bowl cover and let rise until doubled.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a griddle or large pan (or two) with cooking spray, then sprinkle generously with semolina or farina.
- Punch down risen dough; divide into 16-18 pieces.
- Roll each into a ball and gently press down to a 3" diameter.
- Place each on the prepped griddle and dust tops with corn meal.
- Cover and allow to rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put griddle over low to low-med heat.
- Cook muffins about 10 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- If your muffins seem to be browning too fast, transfer them to oven to finish cooking through..
- Allow to cool completely before storing.
- Use a fork to gently pry muffins open before using.