These semi-sweet Shining Star cookies are similar in taste to animal crackers, but just a little softer. The turbinado sugar on the top rounds out the sweetness. Tiny cookie cutters make these just the right size for young children, or to snack on while you sip your coffee or tea.Print
Shining Star Cookies
Tiny Star cookies made from Semi-Sweet Cookie Dough
- Category: dessert, cookies
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- Turbinado sugar ( raw cane sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Place dough on floured rolling surface, form a uniform ball & roll out dough.
- Cut stars or shape of choice, preferably with small cookie cutters an inch or less.
- Place cut cookies on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle tops with Turbinado sugar.
- Bake for approx. 9-10 minutes.
- Serve in small containers for children, or right on the saucer when served with tea/coffee.