These Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Cups are easy enough for kids to make yet also perfect party fare. Great when you want to serve dessert, but don't have a lot of time and want something relatively light.
Semi-homemade Strawberry Cookie Cups, are a great way to serve a wonderful dessert in a pinch. Fresh strawberries and whipped cream bring simple sugar cookie dough up to the next level. In this recipe, store bought cookie dough was used, but by all means, making your own dough would be even better... just more time consuming and this particular recipe is about convenience as well as taste.
Making Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Cups
Making Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Cups is easy, let me show you how. Full recipe below.
The cookie cups are made by pressing dough into a mini mini tin.
After baking and cooling the cookie cups are filled with strawberries and whipped cream then topped with strawberry puree.
So now you are all ready for strawberry season with an easy bite size strawberry shortcake dessert that the family will love, and won't eat up a big chunk of your time.
Easy Strawberry Desserts
Here are a few more easy strawberry dessert recipes to add to your collection.
Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Cups
- package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough or make your own
- whipped cream canned or fresh whipped
- Quart of fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Clean and de-stem the strawberries.
- Spray mini muffin pan with non stick spray.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1" balls. Press the balls into a mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set aside to cool for approximately 10 minutes in the pan, then carefully remove the cookie cups from tins.
- Puree a few strawberries to make a drizzle.
- Place a whole strawberry or or sliced strawberry in each cup (depending on size of your berries).
- Drizzle a little strawberry puree on top and serve.