This Strawberry Dump Cake in incredibly easy to make and only requires 3 ingredients! It’s a great no fuss dessert to make with the kids for Valentine’s Day. I will walk you right through making it. Even if you are a terrible cook…You’ve got this!
Strawberry Dump Cake
If you need a simple foolproof dessert for Valentine’s Day, try this easy dump cake recipe. While this is called a dump cake the resulting dessert is more like a pink cobbler than a cake. As strawberry boxed cake mix is used for the topping, this is double strawberry and pink through and through. This is a classic “true” just dump the three ingredients in a baking pan and bake. As long as the ingredients are somewhat evenly distributed, the recipe is pretty much fool proof. Even if you slightly over or under bake the dessert it will still be tasty.
If you are having a pink themed party serve this along with, Strawberry Jello Salad and Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies. For drinks; Copycat Starbucks Strawberries and Creme Frappuccino or Strawberry Candy Cocktails.
How to Make Strawberry Dump Cake
Here is a quick visual guide to making this easy pink dump cake. If you find pictures reassuring that the steps are being done right when following a recipe, this is for you. Full printable recipe card can be found below.
All you need to make the dessert is:
- a can of strawberry pie filling
- box of strawberry or white cake mix
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
You will also need a baking dish and non stick cooking spray.
First preheat the oven and coat the interior of a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray.
Dump a can of strawberry pie filling into the baking pan and spread evenly across the bottom.
Pour dry cake mix over the strawberry filling and spread it out. I used strawberry cake mix, but white cake mix would also be a great choice.
Drizzle melted butter over the top of cake mix, covering as evenly as you can.
Bake for 30 minutes, cool a few minutes before serving warm or serve a room temperature. Top with ice cream or whipped cream.
More Dump Cakes
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- 21 oz strawberry pie filling one can
- 1 box strawberry or white cake mix about 15 oz
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Coat the inside of a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Dump a can of strawberry pie filling into the dish and spread out to cover the bottom.
- Pour the box of cake mix over the pie filling. Cover evenly.
- Melt butter and drizzle over the top of the dry cake mix.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes before serving.