What could be an easier and more delicious summer dessert than a Strawberry Shortcake Sundae? I'm waiting. The simple dessert can be assembled in just a few short minutes and the fresh flavors are fantastic!
Recipe sponsored by Mirum. Opinions are 100% my own.
What could be a better way of celebrating National Ice Cream Month than a enjoying a Strawberry Shortcake Sundae? This super easy dessert recipe can be tossed together in just a few minutes! No fuss and both children and adults love it. My daughter in particular went crazy for this fresh strawberry sundae. I actually made her strawberry shortcake for her first birthday, maybe I'll make her a sundae version like this next year to celebrate her eleventh.
Strawberry Shortcake Sundae: Frosty Twist on a Classic
This Strawberry Shortcake Sundae features little pieces of angel food cake at the bottom of the dish that soak up the luscious melting Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and fresh strawberry juices. A dollop of whipped cream adds airiness and a little extra cream for the strawberries, but honestly could be skipped. While my daughter and I like it, the ice cream does provide ample creaminess.
There is no baking to make this dessert, thanks to angel food cake from Walmart's bakery department. The only work involved in making this Strawberry Shortcake Sundae is slicing the strawberries and the cake. The strawberries are simply stewed in a little sugar, which naturally draws out the juices creating a syrup.
Easy Strawberry Recipes
Here are a few more of my favorite strawberry recipes. Enjoy!
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Cups
- Fresh Strawberry Pie with Jello
- Strawberry Fluff dessert
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Baked Strawberry Donuts with Glaze
Making Strawberry Shortcake Sundae: Quick Video
Of you like this sundae, you may also want to try making Spiced Roasted Figs with Hazelnuts and Vanilla Ice Cream or my Strawberry Icebox Cake.
Strawberry Shortcake Sundae
- 3 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 loaf angel food cake or pound cake
- 4 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- whipped cream ***optional****
- Mix the sugar into the strawberries and set aside to allow juices to draw out and create syrup.
- Cut up the angel food cake into cubes, and place a few at the bottom of each sundae cup.
- Place a scoop of the vanilla ice cream on top.
- Ladle on strawberries and add whipped cream if you like. Enjoy your Strawberry Shortcake Sundae!
Grow your own strawberries in raised beds to make plenty of strawberry shortcake sundaes this summer!