This no bake Strawberry Icebox Cake is perfect for parties and a great alternative to strawberry shortcake. There is no need to bake cakes and the easy 3 ingredient dessert is assembled at least 4 hours before serving. You can make it the evening before, for no fuss on the day of the party.
Strawberry Icebox Cake
Ice box cakes are popular summer desserts. This Strawberry Icebox cake is one of the most easy desserts you will ever make! It is simply layers of fresh strawberries, graham crackers, and cool whipped topping.
How to Make Strawberry Icebox Cake
Here is a visual guide to making this simple no bake dessert. Full printable recipe available below.
Here are all the ingredients you will need to make the strawberry dessert. If you don’t care for whipped topping, feel free to whip some heavy cream with your stand mixer, and swap a layer of whipped cream for each layer of topping.
Chop your strawberries into small pieces.
Spread a layer of Cool whip (1/2 an 8 ounce tub) in the bottom of a square baking dish.
Lay out graham crackers over this.
Then cover with another layer of whipped topping.
Next sprinkle 1/3 the strawberries on the cool whip.
Top with graham crackers, then whipped topping and strawberries. Then repeat the process again.
Other Easy Strawberry Desserts!
Here are a few more easy strawberry desserts for your consideration. All use fresh strawberries. Listed clockwise from top left.
Strawberry Icebox Cake is an easy 3 ingredient no bake dessert!
- 16 oz Cool Whip two 8 oz. containers, thawed
- 1 1/2 lbs Strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 1/2 packs Graham Crackers
- Spread a 1/2 container of whipped topping in a layer on the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Add a layer of graham crackers, breaking as necessary to cover whipped topping.
- Top with another 1/2 container of whipped topping and smooth with a spatula.
- Add 1/3 of the strawberries in an even layer.
- Then graham crackers, whipped topping, strawberries,graham crackers, whipped topping and strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.