This creamy pumpkin pasta is an easy vegan recipe.
Tis' the season for pumpkin everything. I like pumpkin year round, but admit I really do get into the spirit this time of year. I'm particularly fond of savory pumpkin dishes like this Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Pasta recipe, that I'm sharing with you right now. No I don't happen to be vegan, though I don't eat a whole lot of meat. I just like to be inclusive when I can, and honestly just sort of realized that in making it dairy-free, the recipe ended out being vegan.
My goal was a rich hearty dish, not sweet, but more like a savory pumpkin pie outfitted like a dairy-free alfredo. I also wanted to keep it simple and fast, so you... my dear readers, will actually try making it & not just pin it.
So, how did we get a hearty creamy pumpkin pasta sauce without cream... or cheese. Easy, Silk unsweetened Coconut Milk provided the "creamy" and almond meal stood in for the Parmesan Cheese. The pumpkin has some richness to it, so the egg yolk I often add to an Alfredo was not missed. The results are far healthier and both vegan and meat eaters will enjoy (My fussy daughter even ate some).
Silk Makes Vegan (and Dairy-Free) Easy , Here's How You Can Save Money Too
All the various plant based milks from Silk make preparing vegan food easy. As you can see above, many non-dairy meals made with Silk, just end out vegan without really trying.
If you would like to try Silk products for the first time, or are a loyal customer like myself then it is beneficial to sign up with Silk. It is a very quick and simple sign-up and they will send you money saving coupons, sweeps and new product news, as well as a birthday surprise.
Keep up to date on Silk's new products and promotions as well as some great recipes, ideas and tips, by following Silk on Facebook.
Oh, and here is that recipe, I promised you. Enjoy, we did...
Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Recipe
- ½ pound dry pasta cooked
- ½ tbs olive oil
- ⅔ cup diced sweet onion
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves de-stemmed
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoon mild miso paste
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsweetened Silk Coconut Milk
- 2 tbs almond meal flour
- dash of nutmeg
- Kosher salt to taste
- Cook pasta either immediately prior to making the pumpkin sauce or while preparing sauce.
- Heat oil in skillet over med-high heat. Once hot add the onion, and reduce to medium. Saute until lightly golden and soft. Add the thyme, cook another minute.
- Add water, then mix in miso until dissolved.
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk and almond meal. Stir and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 3 minutes, then add nutmeg, stir and simmer about 2 more minutes. Shut off burner, add salt to taste, then mix in the pasta & serve.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.