What could be more festive party fare than this Pumpkin Bean Dip recipe (aka pumpkin hummus)? The savory pumpkin dip is easy to make and perfect for Halloween parties, fall gatherings or even as a Thanksgiving appetizer.
Savory Pumpkin Bean Dip
Pumpkin Bean Dip is an easy healthy appetizer, that is gluten-free, vegan, low in fat and high in fiber. I've been on a bit of a pumpkin kick lately (Who isn't?), and was in the mood for some creamy protein rich bean dip, this was the result. It has a little kick, but isn't too spicy.
It is an easy pantry recipe, as the primary ingredients are canned pumpkin, canned white beans and olive oil.
Making the Pumpkin Dip
The preparation is very simple. First blend the garlic down in the food processor. Then add the pumpkin puree and white beans along with the rest of the ingredients and pulse until smooth.
What to serve with Pumpkin Dip
This lightly spicy dip goes great with vegetables (like the carrot sticks pictured), but also teams well with a wide assortment of chips and crackers. Pita chips would be a great choice.
A perfect recipe for fall and packed with nutrients, so enjoy!
- for a richer color and smokey flavor add a ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika to the dip or simply sprinkle some on
- for a more authentic pumpkin hummus texture swap in garbanzo beans
More Easy Dips
Pumpkin Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 ½ tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 15 oz white beans can
- ½ cup pumpkin puree canned
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground chili paste
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Put the garlic and oil in food processor, and pulse until garlic is pulverized.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the beans are smooth & creamy.
- Serve with chips, pita or veggies.