This easy Whole 30 Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs recipe also features butternut squash and spinach.
Whole 30 Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipe
Whole 30 Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash and Spinach is a hearty, well-rounded, Whole 30 compliant meal. The butternut squash adds both a subtle vegetal sweetness and richness to the dish and the spinach adds color, moisture and flavor, not to mention being a great source of iron. The chicken thighs provide ample protein and just enough fat for the dish and are fork tender. This less expensive cut of chicken also makes it easier to budget for organic. It is simply seasoned with garlic, herbs and sea salt, the flavors of the main ingredients themselves do the rest of the work.
Whole 30 Diet Plan Meals
Following a Whole 30 diet meal plan requires you to cut out dairy, sugars, processed foods, legumes and grains. This does not need to be as daunting as it seems. As this slow cooker chicken thighs recipe shows simple meals can be both hearty and tasty.
To help those striving to succeed on Whole 30, I’ve compiled a few recipe collections tailored for the diet.
Here is a quick video of this Whole 30 Chicken Thighs Recipe going into the crock pot.
Whole 30 Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash and Spinach
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours 30 mins
- Total Time: 6 hours 38 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Whole 30
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 lbs peeled chopped butternut squash
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 15 oz can organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 16 oz bag of frozen spinach leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- Place ingredients in slow cooker, in order listed.
- Set the slow cooker to high. Stir after 1 to 1 1/2 hours, then leave alone and allow to cook another 5-6 hours.