Chicken and Olive Pasta
Easy pasta recipe featuring chicken and olives.
- 1/2 pound pasta dry, cooked al dente
- 2/3 lb chicken breast
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes dry packed*
- Slice chicken into bit sized pieces, and mince the garlic.
- Put oil in non-stick skillet over med-high heat, once hot add garlic, red pepper and thyme.
- Once garlic is soft, add the chicken. Saute until cooked through.
- Chop and add the olives. Mix, then remove to bowl and set aside.
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and put in pan and add stock. Boil rapidly, while stirring until stock is reduced by half.
- Add pasta, toss, then add rest of ingredients back to pan and toss again.
- Serve with plenty of grated Parmesan cheese.
*you can use use oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, I , rather than with stock would add them with the olives though
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 421mg | Potassium: 683mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 295IU | Vitamin C: 3.9mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1.8mg