This quick Creamy Chicken Angel Hair Pasta with Zucchini can be on the table in a flash. The recipe features whole grain pasta, chicken and zucchini, for a hearty yet relatively healthy family dinner. Pasta with chicken is always a winning combination!
Creamy Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken and Zucchini
Yes, you afford to eat healthier, with simple whole grain pasta meals like this one. This easy one pot recipe features whole grain angel hair pasta with chicken breasts and fresh zucchini in a creamy Parmesan sauce. It's all cooked up in one pot, with no weird ingredients. It isn't expensive to make and is on the table in less than a half hour.
Whole Grain Angel Hair makes One Pot Meals Easy
Typically, I would not cook my pasta right in the pot, with all the other ingredients, but with angel hair you can get away with it easily. I would say, trying to cook angel hair then add it to a hot sauce is a bit more likely to result in overcooked pasta than this way. You do want to be watchful of overcooking though. I've noticed whole grain pasta has a shorter window of time between al dente and overcooked.
My daughter & I both enjoyed the pasta, and I'm sure yours will as well.
How to Make Chicken and Zucchini Angel Hair Pasta
Let's make a pot of creamy chicken pasta. (Print recipe below.)
The recipe takes under 25 mins total time to prepare and it makes 4 servings.
What you will need:
- olive oil
- zucchini squash
- garlic cloves
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- fresh thyme
- low sodium chicken stock
- heavy cream
- Whole Grain Angel Hair
- grated Parmesan
Let's walk through the simple steps of making this angel hair pasta recipe.
Start by cutting the zucchini into matchsticks, mincing the garlic, then thinly slicing the boneless chicken breast.
Put a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot pour in olive oil then add chicken, zucchini, garlic and thyme leaves. Sauté just until chicken is no longer pink.
Pour in the chicken broth and cream. Cook until it starts to bubble.
Add angel hair pasta and stir regularly. It cooks pretty quick.
Simmer and stir until about 75% of the broth has been absorbed. Then stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with pepper (and salt if needed). Cook an additional minute before serving to thicken sauce. By then the angel hair pasta will be fully cooked.
Top with more grated cheese when serving.
Creamy Chicken Angel Hair Pasta Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp thyme leaves fresh de-stemmed
- 2 ⅔ cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 8 ounces Whole Grain Angel Hair
- ¼ grated Parmesan + more to top individual servings
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Slice the zucchini into 2 inch long matchsticks, mince garlic, then thinly slice chicken mostly across the grain.
- Put oil in pan over med-high heat, then add the zucchini, garlic, chicken and thyme.
- Saute until chicken is just barley cooked, then add stock and cream. Stir.
- Once the liquid starts to bubble add the angel hair pasta. Gently stir, the pasta will soften quickly, just take care it doesn't stick together.
- Cook uncovered stirring frequently, to ensure even cooking & to avoid sticking. Once about ¾ of the liquid has absorbed or steamed off add the Parmesan cheese and a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Mix in well. Add salt if needed.
- Cook about 1 more minute, then remove from burner and serve with grated cheese on top.
More Easy Chicken Pasta Recipes
Here are a few pasta and chicken dishes I think you will like.