This Creamy Parmesan One-Pot Chicken and Zucchini Angel Hair recipe can be on the table in a flash.
One thing I have grown so tired of hearing is the excuse that people can’t afford to eat healthy. The other things I’m tired of hearing are healthy food doesn’t taste good. This easy one pot recipe features Better For You whole grain Barilla pasta, fresh antibiotic free chicken breast & seasonal zucchini in a creamy Parmesan sauce. It’s all cooked up in one pot, with no weird ingredients, isn’t expensive to make and is on the table in less than a half hour.
I bought this whole grain pasta, chicken and zucchini at Stop & Shop (the other ingredients I had on hand). Barilla pasta was on sale that day for just a dollar, and included two of their Better for You pasta lines: whole grain & white fiber (their other Better for You lines are Veggie and Plus).
Yes, I stocked up.
Typically, I would not cook my pasta right in the pot, with all the other ingredients, but with angel hair you can get away with it easily. I would say, trying to cook angel hair then add it to a hot sauce is a bit more likely to result in overcooked pasta than this way. You do want to be watchful of overcooking though. I’ve noticed whole grain pasta has a shorter window of time between al dente and overcooked, though this is much less of an issue with Barilla pasta over some other brands it still pays to be watchful.
My daughter & I both enjoyed the pasta, and I’m sure yours will as well. Follow Barilla on Facebook for more recipe ideas, tips and promotions, for a Better for You lifestyle.Print
Creamy Parmesan One-Pot Chicken and Zucchini Angel Hair
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree, Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 tbs olive, grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 small-medium zucchini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large trimmed chicken breast (2/3 to 3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 tsp fresh de-stemmed thyme leaves
- 2 2/3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tbs. heavy cream
- 1/2 box Barilla Whole Grain Angel Hair
- 1/4 grated Parmesan (+ more to top individual servings)
- Slice the zucchini into 2 inch long matchsticks, mince garlic, then thinly slice chicken mostly across the grain.
- Put oil in pan over med-high heat, then add the zucchini, garlic, chicken and thyme.
- Saute until chicken is just barley cooked, then add stock and cream. Stir.
- Once the liquid starts to bubble add the angel hair pasta. Gently stir, the pasta will soften quickly, just take care it doesn’t stick together.
- Cook uncovered stirring frequently, to ensure even cooking & to avoid sticking. Once about 3/4 of the liquid has absorbed or steamed off add the Parmesan cheese. Mix in well. Cook about 1 more minute, then remove from burner and serve with grated cheese on top.