Little Smokies Crescent Rolls aka Mini Pigs in a Blanket are easy to make and the perfect appetizer for casual parties. Little Smokies Pigs in a Blanket are classic fare on Football Sundays too! Who doesn't remember the mini sausage treats served at parties during childhood?
Mini crescent dogs are wrapped in crispy golden brown crescent roll dough and make the perfect accompaniment to any savory dipping sauce, or enjoy as they are!
Little Smokies Crescent Rolls
These are such an easy appetizer and so classic. Cocktail weenies such as Lil Smokies are simply wrapped in refrigerated crescent roll dough and baked. The results are definitely more than the sum of the parts.
The little wrapped hot dogs are served warm alone or with a dip such as the Chili Cheese Dip they are pictured with (which is another crazy easy 2 ingredient recipe) my easy Queso Dip would also go great with the mini pigs in a blanket. Kids may enjoy dunking the mini crescent dogs in ketchup and/or yellow mustard.
Little Smokies Pigs in a Blanket
Little Smokies make the perfect appetizer sized pigs in a blanket. It is a great way to enjoy this treat without committing to a whole hot dog. They are also the perfect size for dipping... without double dipping. An essential for party food...lol.
If you aren't in the mood for making these, then make some Little Smokies crockpot appetizers for your gathering. They are equally as popular. If you buy too many of the little wieners, they can be used in most smoked sausage recipes.
Mini Pigs in a Blanket - How to Make
A quick visual guide to preparing these Little Smokies appetizers. The full recipe is on the printable recipe card below.
Ingredients Needed for Crescent Roll Pigs
Yes, this is all you need to make these Little Smokies Crescent Roll appetizers. Two ingredients; the cocktail wieners and the crescent dough. You will also need a baking sheet or two. Parchment paper to line the sheets with is suggested, since it makes for easy clean-up.
Blanket Mini Pigs in Pastry Dough
First preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. and line ungreased cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Unroll the dough and cut into narrow strips.
Wrap the mini sausages in the dough strips.
Then take the little wrapped hot dogs and place seam side down on prepared baking sheets in a single layer, spaced out a little. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
I hope you and your guests enjoy this fun appetizer!
Suped-Up Crescent Dogs!
If you want to take your mini pigs in a blanket to the next level try these twists on the classic!
- Add a strip of cheese in with you mini sausages before wrapping.
- Baste the pastry with melted butter for even more buttery taste.
- Egg wash the dough on the wrapped Lil smokies and encrust with, mixture of sesame seeds and/or poppy seeds with garlic powder. Everything bagel seasoning is also a yummy choice.
More Party Appetizers
These little pastry wrapped wieners could use some company at the party. Here are a few more casual party apps that are sure to be a hit with guests.
- Copycat Chilis Southwest Egg Rolls are crispy and packed with flavorful Tex-Mex ingredients. They are made in the air fryer for quick and crunchy results.
- For a quick and tasty finger food, make a batch of my Ranch Pretzels or some spicy Air Fryer Chickpeas.
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheel Puff Pastry Appetizers are perfect with mini pigs in a blanket. They also bake up on a sheet pan and while somewhat similar create a nice contrast on a serving platter.
Little Smokies Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 package Little Smokies cocktail wieners
- 1 package crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment.
- Unroll crescent roll dough. Gently press and smudge the triangle seams to smooth dough if needed.
- Slice the dough into narrow strips.
- Wrap each cocktail wiener with one strip of crescent roll dough.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until crescents are golden brown.