Mini Corn Dog Muffins are a fun twist on the classic American corn dog, a staple of fairs and diners. As muffins the corn dogs don't require the hassle of deep frying, making them much more home cook friendly.
With their small size these mini hot dog corn muffins make a great party food or toddler meal. You get all the flavor of the classic corn dog in a snack size!
How to Make Mini Corn Dog Muffins
Let's make a batch of these JIFFY mini corn dog muffins together. Follow along here with step-by-step directions with pictures or hop down to the printable recipe card if you prefer.
The recipe makes 24 corn dog mini-muffins, 3 muffins per person 8 servings.
Prep Time: 10 mins Bake Time: 10 mins
Equipment: mini muffin tin (1 pan of 24 or 2 pans of 12)
Here is everything you need to make the corn dog mini muffins:
- 1 package (8.5 ounces) JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 bun-length hot dogs, each cut into 6 pieces
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray; set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the JIFFY mix, milk, egg, and melted butter just until combined. Do not overmix.
Scoop the cornbread batter into each muffin cup of the prepared mini muffin pan.
Place one piece of hot dog in the center of each muffin and press down about halfway into the batter.
Bake the mini corn dog muffins in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
Allow the hot dog muffins to cool a couple minutes before serving.
Here are a few swaps or add-ins to the recipe that you may like.
- Rather than cut up hot dogs, pop little smokies sausages in the cornbread muffins.
- Dice up some canned jalapeño peppers and add them to the muffin batter for some heat. A ¼ teaspoon of Cajun Seasoning or a generous pinch of cayenne pepper will also do the trick.
- Use buttermilk rather than the regular milk for a tangy boost of flavor to the muffins.
- Mix a ⅓ cup of shredded cheddar into the batter for a cheesy treat.
Of course, you could always serve a salad, sauteed vegetables, soup or some oven fried potatoes with the hot dog mini muffins and make it a meal. They also make great snacks and pack well for school lunches just as they are.
Storing and Reheating
To store leftover corn dog muffins, first allow them to cool off. Then seal them in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place the muffins on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Yes, you can microwave them, but the texture will not be as good.
Mini Corn Dog Muffins
- Mini muffin pan 24 cups or 2-12 cup mini muffin pans
- 8 ½ ounce package JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 4 beef hot dogs bun-length , each cut into 6 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the JIFFY mix, milk, egg, and melted butter just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the cornbread batter into 24 wells of the prepared mini muffin tin. Place a hot dog piece in the center of each muffin and press about halfway down into the batter.
- Bake the mini corn dog muffins in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- Allow the hot dog muffins to cool a couple minutes before serving.