Won’t these little chocolate skeleton cookies be adorable at your child’s Halloween party. Make a batch to bring to work or school as well.
More Halloween Fun!
- Spooky Halloween Bark – Easy Halloween Treat!
- Witch Cauldron Halloween Cupcakes
- Grim Reaper Halloween Cupcakes
- Witch Broomstick Snacks
Bittersweet Chocolate Skeleton Cookies
Chocolate Skeleton Halloween Cookies are perfect for your Halloween celebration!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened dark cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Corn Syrup
- Cream together the sugar, butter, oil & vanilla.
- Beat eggs, then mix in.
- Add flour, cocoa & salt, and mix well.
- Knead dough then roll out between sheets of plastic wrap.
- Chill dough for about ½ an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Powder surface lightly with cocoa powder, and peel back plastic wrap to lay out dough sheet.
- Cut out gingerbread man shapes and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until set.
- Let cookies cool in pan for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk and corn syrup in a small bowl until smooth.
- Transfer to piping bag or zippered bag to pipe the skeleton shape onto cookies.
- Leave space between the lines or they will run together.
- Leave cookies undisturbed for at least an hour for icing to set.