Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is an easy chicken recipe your family will love. I've actually included two versions of this flavorful chicken breast recipe, one baked the other prepared on the stove top. Both are satisfying light chicken dinners and perfect for an easy weeknight meal.
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
I thought I would show an example of a meal that incorporates these dietary preferences. I made Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Maple Butternut Squash and Creamy Bacon Zucchini Noodles for lunch today. It was a filling meal, with lots of vegetables and plenty of protein.
Making Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
This is a very easy stuffed chicken recipe. The cheese and broccoli provide plenty of flavor, for this low-carb entrée. (Full recipe below.)
A slice or two of American, Swiss or Cheddar cheese for each boneless chicken breast and a 9-10 oz bag of frozen broccoli florets is plenty for four portions.
Just fill, roll up and secure with toothpicks. Then rub on some seasoning before baking.
I baked the stuffed chicken breasts with some seasoned butternut squash as a side dish.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli
- Italian seasoning
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the broccoli according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- Butterfly each chicken breast. Then place a cheese slice inside each.
- Squeeze out excess water in the broccoli with your hands before placing a handful on top of cheese.
- Wrap the chicken around filling and secure with picks. Then flip over and rub on seasoning and sea salt.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.