This one pot Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo orzo pasta is an easy family dinner with little clean up.
I’ve been eating Ragú® Sauces since childhood. My mom bought their traditional sauce quite often. In the spring she was typically quite busy tending to her large gardens, and pasta with Ragú® Sauce was not only an easy and inexpensive meal, but one my fussy brother and I would gobble up without complaint. Now I have my own fussy daughter, and my own overextended projects going on. Ragú® is there though, to help me as well.
This Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Orzo is an easy one pot spin on Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo with Fettuccine. The recipe features jarred Alfredo Sauce, which makes prep a breeze. By switching to orzo pasta (shaped like rice if you are not familiar), I’m able to cook the meal all right in one skillet, and the results are creamy and somewhat reminiscent of risotto (without all the pot watching). I loathe doing dishes, so just one dirty pan, a cutting board and a couple utensils, has a lot of appeal to me. The fact that a satisfying and flavorful dinner is on the table in less than a half hour is something any busy parent has to love.
How to Make One Pot Chicken and Broccoli Pasta (Orzo)
Here is how easy this one-pot Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Orzo recipe is to put together (full recipe below)
Melt butter, and quick sauté garlic.
Toss chicken in pan, and quick cook.
Add broccoli florets…
Stir in orzo & chicken stock.
Add the Ragú® Classic Alfredo Sauce.
Stir, cover and simmer.
Your family will be enjoying in a jiffy.
One Pot Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Orzo Recipe
- 1 1/2 tbs butter or spread
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli florets
- 8 oz orzo pasta typically 1/2 a package
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 jar 24 oz. Ragú® Classic Alfredo Sauce
- Melt butter in skillet over med-high heat. Once hot add garlic, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken and sauté until most of the outside of chicken is cooked, a little pink is fine.
- Add the broccoli, stir to coat, then add orzo. Stir again.
- Pour in the chicken stock and Ragú® Classic Alfredo Sauce. Stir well. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 12 minutes, until orzo is cooked.
- Turn off the burner and uncover. Stir and allow to rest for 1-2 minutes before serving.