This Bulgar Wheat Salad Recipe with Garbanzo Beans, Lemon and Sun-Dried Tomatoes is packed with flavor. It is a great example of how eating healthier, even meatless, does not have to be a sacrifice.
Chickpea Bulgur Salad
A Bulgur wheat salad is easy and pretty quick to make. I have suggested bulgur as a starch for new cooks to make as it is extremely forgiving, unlike some grains that over or under cook readily.
More recipes you may like
- Chicken, Asparagus, Sun-dried Tomato and Wheat Berries
- Summer Squash Bulgur
- Vegetarian Southwest Zucchini Boats
- Mexican Sausage and Corn Salad
- Cheesy Cavatelli and Broccoli
Bulgur Wheat Salad Recipe
- 1 cup bulgar dry , cracked wheat
- 2 cups chicken broth for vegans, just substitute vegetable broth
- generous pinch of thyme
- tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes not oil packed
- 15 oz garbanzo beans can, drained & rinsed
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- 1 tbs. capers small
- kosher salt to taste
- Put bulgar, broth and thyme in saucepan, bring to boil, then cover and turn off burner.
- Zest 1/2 the lemon, cut the zested half off and juice it. Reserve both.
- Saute garlic in the olive oil, add sun-dried tomatoes & the lemon zest.
- After about 2 minutes remove from heat, and add the bulgar and remaining ingredients.
- Best served at room temperature, with sliced lemon.