Grilled Stuffed Chicken breast recipe with mozzarella, roasted peppers and basil. A low carb stuffed chicken cooked on the grill.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Weight Watchers.
Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
I love cheese to a fault, so I am not keen on giving it up for dieting. Luckily, Weight Watchers offers a reduced fat string cheese which is used in this recipe. The reduction in fat doesn’t effect flavor, but it does make the cheese less meltable… a fact that I took full advantage of in this recipe for Grilled Stuffed Chicken Italiano (and also the reason I am leaving this blatant instruction before even getting to the recipe).
Grilled Stuffed Chicken Breast
This is a low calorie, low fat, low carb recipe, which is high in protein and a good source of calcium. It’s easy to make, and your family won’t view it as “diet” food, so you shouldn’t get any complaints.
This Grilled stuffed chicken breast is a delicious low carb entree. The cheese stuffed chicken breasts with roasted peppers and basil are easy to make and the low fat mozzarella used in them will not melt out while grilling.
- 4 - 4 oz. chicken breasts
- 4 roasted red pepper strips
- approximately 20 baby spinach leaves
- 4 Weight Watchers String Cheese
- light Italian dressing for basting
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to med-high.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts*
- Place about 5 baby spinach leaves in middle, slightly to one side.
- Put roasted red pepper, and Weight Watchers String Cheese on top of spinach.
- Roll like a cigar, and put 1-2 toothpicks on ends to hold together well.
- Grill for 5 minutes, turn and grill 5 more minutes. Check for doneness and turn again if needed, until cooked through (10-15 minutes depending on you grill and thickness of chicken).
- Serve as is or slice to ensure chicken is fully cooked.
*slice horizontally to make one thinner piece with more surface area
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Weight Watchers