This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Weight Watchers.
I love cheese to a fault, so I am not keen on giving it up for dieting. Luckily, Weight Watchers offers a line of tasty cheeses to help me out with that. Even luckier still, they asked me to try my hand at making a recipe with one of their cheeses, their string cheese to be exact.
Weight Watchers String Cheese has won the ChefsBest® Best Taste Award 5 out of the past 6 years, and I can see why (I’ve been noshing on it quite a bit myself). It provides a great classic mozzarella flavor, with 1/2 the fat of regular string cheese, and weighs in at just 50 calories per stick (1 PointsPlus®). The reduction in fat hasn’t effected flavor, but it does make the cheese less meltable… a fact that I took full advantage of in this recipe for Grilled Stuffed Chicken Italiano (and also the reason I am leaving this blatant instruction before even getting to the recipe).
This is a low calorie, low fat, low carb recipe, which is high in protein and a good source of calcium. It’s easy to make, and your family won’t view it as “diet” food, so you shouldn’t get any complaints.Print
Grilled Stuffed Chicken Italiano
- Prep Time: 12 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian, Light, Grilled
- 4 – 4 oz. chicken breasts
- 4 roasted red pepper strips
- approximately 20 baby spinach leaves
- 4 Weight Watchers String Cheese
- light Italian dressing for basting
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to med-high.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts*
- Place about 5 baby spinach leaves in middle, slightly to one side.
- Put roasted red pepper, and Weight Watchers String Cheese on top of spinach.
- Roll like a cigar, and put 1-2 toothpicks on ends to hold together well.
- Grill for 5 minutes, turn and grill 5 more minutes. Check for doneness and turn again if needed, until cooked through (10-15 minutes depending on you grill and thickness of chicken).
- Serve as is or slice to ensure chicken is fully cooked.
*slice horizontally to make one thinner piece with more surface area
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 264
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 32
- Cholesterol: 85
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Weight Watchers